We are excited to introduce you to Urban Retreat’s newest skincare service! If you follow us on Facebook, you may have already seen our sleek DermaFrac machine for micro-channeling. There are few skin care centers in Texas that offer this service. But what is micro-channeling?
A gentler alternative to more intense laser treatments, micro-channeling can be used on even the most sensitive skin. Lasers stimulate the wound-healing process in the skin and spur collagen and elastin production. DermaFrac stimulates this same process within the skin in a milder way, without lasers.
Micro-channeling uses tiny needles, designed to minimize discomfort, to create a network of micro-channels in the skin to deliver active ingredients into the upper dermis layer of skin. This allows active ingredients to penetrate deep into skin where they are most needed. There is no bruising and minimal redness after the procedure.
This process spurs collagen and elastin production in skin and requires no downtime. While lasers offer more striking results, micro-channeling is less expensive than laser treatments and may be used on darker skin or sensitive skin that is not suited to laser treatments.
There are four different serums available for DermaFrac micro-channeling treatments:
1. Hydration and plumping with antioxidants – This serum uses Hyaluronic acid to form a fully hydrated layer that helps guarantee that water is delivered into deeper layers of skin. It also delivers intense hydration to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also uses Vitamin A to accelerate cell turnover and stimulate the formation of new skin, and Vitamin E for UV resistance. Antioxidants include green tea, white tea and grape seed to calm the skin.
2. Acne – The Acne Solution features two key active ingredients. Salicylic acid opens clogged pores and neutralizes bacteria within the pores. It reduces pore blockages and breakouts on skin. Lactic acid, part of the alpha hydroxy acid family, exfoliates the outer layer of skin and increases collagen production to minimizes fine lines and wrinkles and reduce blackheads and whiteheads.
3. Anti-aging skin rejuvenation – This serum has five active ingredients that stimulate fibroblast and collagen production in the skin. They also help relax muscles to prevent wrinkling from repeated muscle movement.
4. Hyper-pigmentation and brightening – This serum uses Kojic acid to lighten skin by suppressing melanocyte activity and pigmentation. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
In addition to professional treatments at Urban Retreat, serums are available for purchase in series of one, three or six doses for at-home treatments. The price is reduced when you purchase them in multiples.
Urban Retreat celebrated a night of beauty in honor of the launch of L’Vere cosmetics at our River Oaks day spa, salon and skin center in the sky on March 21st. We rolled out the red carpet for all of our glamorous guests and the beautiful Jada Stone Agency models wearing L’Vere makeup. We are so happy that L’Vere is now available for purchase exclusively at our salon and spa! Keep reading for the inside scoop on the launch party and the L’Vere product line.
Our co-owners, Saira Ali and Mike Butte, added elegance to the red carpet.
Guests were able to try out the entire L’Vere line and receive advice from our makeup artist, Shelley Thornton. You can book an appointment with Shelley for personalized advice or a professional makeup application.
The L’Vere name was inspired by authenticity. “The word L’Vere is from the root word Ver’dict, meaning true or truth,” Urban Retreat’s Director of Operations Joan Turley said. “The L’Vere woman is every woman, because every woman from the core of her being longs for beauty and longs to be loved for her true worth. Truth and beauty: that is L’Vere.”
L’Vere was developed with the idea that women in different stages of life can use the same line, with different products designed for different purposes. “L’Vere was created as a full and complete line to address the needs of multiple generations, so that mothers and daughters could fall in love with this line and share their love of beauty together,” Turley said. “The shimmers, shines and glitter liner are for a younger woman and the matte products and high definition foundation were created for older women.”
The line includes a mineral foundation for those with sensitive skin or concerns about exposure to chemicals. There is also a liquid foundation created with photo-shoots in mind and a high definition foundation built for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.
When we said L’Vere was a full makeup line, we meant it! The L’Vere line includes:
- Traditional and mineral blushers and bronzers
- Brow pencils, shadows and wax
- Liquid and cream concealers
- Cream/gel, liquid and glitter eyeliners
- Traditional and crush mineral eye shadows
- Lip gloss, lip glaze, lipstick, lipstick pots, lip pencils and lip stains
- Primers for the lashes, lips and face
- Three foundations, including:
- Flawless Finish – a lightweight coverage foundation
- High Definition – a foundation that minimizes the appearance of aging
- Mineral foundation – available as a pressed and a loose powder
Photographer Mitchell Alexander captured Jada Stone Agency models walking down the red carpet in L’Vere makeup.
Ruben Stunner covered the event for The Ruben Stunner Show.
Food for the evening was provided by The Houston City Club; there were several delicious options to choose from. Wine was provided by Once Upon a Vine.
Chocolates were provided by Araya Artisan Chocolate.
Urban Retreat’s own Fran Spector helped guests in the Urban Retreat boutique.
Guests were welcomed to a warm ambiance and a beautiful view of River Oaks Shopping Center and the Houston skyline.
The Holiday Season is upon us, and it’s time to spread some joy to the men in your life. We have some great gift ideas to help show the ones you love that you care!
Urban Retreat has made gift-giving salon and spa services a synch with our Gift Certificate Packages here we’ve put together several options tailored for the men you know who want a temporary retreat to relieve the weight on their shoulders for a little while:
How often do you hit that ‘refresh’ button on your computer screen? How about taking time to do it in real life? The “Refresh” gift certificate for men pampers with a soothing Full Body Massage and then completes his new and refreshed look through sophisticated grooming, including Haircut & Style and professionally Groomed Nails. (His) “Best Face Forward” is a compact collection of services. Our skilled estheticians deliver a deep facial cleansing, followed by a Waxing of the brows, ears and nose and then complete the Facial Treatment by applying a soothing and protecting skin barrier to thwart everyday environmental hazards. You are then treated to an invigorating scalp massage while being shampooed and prepared for a final Haircut & Style.
Our “Executive Retreat” package is the total antidote for the man that carries the world upon his shoulders. Focusing on body and mind rejuvenation we begin with a Full Body Massage followed by a Gentleman’s Facial. We then relieve sore and tired feet with a mineral infused Spa Treatment Pedicure to be followed by a soothing arm and hand massage, topped off with finely Buffed Nails. Polish off your day as we treat you to a stylish Haircut & Style and a complimentary spa lunch. Love the idea of the “Executive Retreat” but just want to relax? Then come in and enjoy all of the pleasures of the Executive Retreat without the Haircut & Style with our “Pure Indulgence” certificate for him.
“Share the Love” is our ritual for couples is an experience not to be missed. In the privacy of our couple’s chamber, you and your favorite person will drift into a wonderful state of total relaxation as you simultaneously enjoy a full body massage for two. Spa Lunch included.
Place your order for one of our Gift Certificate Packages online, or call 713-523-2300.